We are looking for a person with experience in building startup ecosystem, forming strategic partnerships, building interest communities. We are a newly formed State government agency tasked to accelerate efforts towards a digital economy and society. In this digital transformation journey, there are many interesting and innovative projects to engage civil society as well as enterprises to drive digital adoption and create a confident experience. It is a start-up opportunity for a visionary that wants to get hands-on to drive significant and impactful change in society. The candidate understands the frictions of change and develop pragmatic ethical action-oriented strategies to nudge behaviours into achieving desired outcomes.
- Lead and focus on the transformation agenda of digital economy and drive programmes to build and strengthen the startup ecosystem
- Work with universities, ecosystem partners and generate pipeline of startups in software or product engineering and design through ideation programmes
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to develop policies that promote the startup ecosystem by attracting investors in capital and expertise
- Develop programmes to facilitate startups on access to funding, access to markets and access to mentors
- Manage the seed fund programme jointly with private angel investors and VCs, running at least 2 cohorts a year
- Maintain a dashboard on startup metrics and continuously raise ranking of ecosystem within country, region and globally
- Implement branding and communication strategy to sustain momentum of startup ecosystem
- Ensures compliance with all relevant laws, policies, and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Business; Masters an advantage
- Must be fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English, spoken and written
- Past experience in startup ecosystem, change management or digital transformation
- Strategy experience in business consulting firm or entrepreneurial experience in a start-up
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in strategic planning, business management, or financial decision making
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical research, leadership, and strategic planning.
- Possess exceptional creativity and analytical problem-solving skills, able to see the big picture yet have an eye for details
- Strong organisation leadership with experience leading a team of junior subordinates
- Strong programme and project management skills
- Knowledgeable of technology trends and digital transformation efforts
- Comfortable with public speaking and communicating both verbally and in writing
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.