We are looking for a person with experience in a prior business strategy or functional leadership role to lead operations and programme management. We are a newly formed State government agency tasked to accelerate efforts toward a digital economy and society. In this digital transformation journey, there are many interesting and innovative projects to engage civil society as well as enterprises to drive digital adoption and create a confident experience.
This role is somewhat non-traditional and not totally commercial as it deals with the whole spectrum from government departments, private enterprise to the general public. The role requires extensive experience in driving transformational change. It is a rich opportunity for consulting and conceptualization of programmes as well as seeing to fruition and execution to deliver tangible social impact through digital technology. It is a start-up opportunity for a visionary that wants to get hands-on to drive significant and impactful change to society.
- Prepare programme proposals with business case justifications for approval by State Exco, federal agencies
- Facilitate workshops with key stakeholders to brainstorm and seek opportunities to evangelise digital transformation
- Foster relationship and collaborate with other stakeholders, state, and federal agencies, to develop policies and programmes that drive the digital agenda
- Raise funds through public private partnership to collaborate on digital initiatives
- Monitor and track metrics of portfolio of focused initiatives and programmes
- Lead product management by driving adoption of delivered solutions and tracking user experience and metrics
- Ensures compliance with all relevant laws, policies, and regulations
- Prepare updates and presentations for quarterly Board meetings, submissions to State Parliament, State departments
- Manage daily operations and lead team in HR, Finance and Legal
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Marketing, Business; Masters an advantage
- Must be fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English, spoken and written
- Strategy experience in business consulting firm or operations in a government agency an advantage
- Must be hands-on with strong attention to details
- 6 to 8 years’ experience where 1 to 3 years were in business consulting, strategic planning, business management, or financial decision making
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical research, leadership, and strategic planning.
- Possess exceptional creativity and analytical problem-solving skills, able to see big picture yet have an eye for details
- Strong organisation leadership and programme and project management skills
- Skillful in lobbying, negotiations and problem solving
- Knowledgeable in technology trends and digital transformation efforts
- Comfortable with public speaking and communicating both verbally and in writing